Maurizio Bianchi - Symphony For A Genocide CD (album) cover

Maurizio Bianchi

Progressive Electronic

5 stars The sounds of the industry.

This album is what I always envision when I people talk about Industrial music. Not Ministry, KMFDM, NIN, or Front Line Assembly, but something like this. This is a harsh album, but not in the same way as a Merzbow album. It isn't that it's extremely loud, but that it's just abrasive and very off-putting, much in the same as you'd rather not be around heavy equipment at a construction site.

I'm really uncertain as to exactly what is going on that makes these sounds, and the best word I can come up with to describe the sounds, is machines. There's all sorts of scratches and scrapes, and similar noise. These sounds also work very well with the concept behind this album, which is mainly about the atrocities committed on the Jews by the Nazis during WWII. This concept really changes how you listen to the "music" on this album, it really does reflect the horror of what happened in German concentration camps. This album truly captures what it set out to accomplish, a Symphony For A Genocide.

I see this as an indispensable piece of Prog Electronic/Industrial music.

Sheavy | 5/5 |