SYMPHONY FOR A GENOCIDE

7. Sobibor

Search MAURIZIO BIANCHI Symphony For A Genocide lyrics

Search MAURIZIO BIANCHI Symphony For A Genocide tabs

- Maurizio Bianchi / instruments, electronics

LP Sterile Records SR 02 (1981)

Thanks to PROGMAN for the addition

MAURIZIO BIANCHI MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MAURIZIO BIANCHI Symphony For A Genocide Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Untitled 1980 / Untitled 2013Untitled 1980 / Untitled 2013
Dead ColoursDead Colours
Imports 2013
First Day Last DayFirst Day Last Day
Ees't 2014

More places to buy MAURIZIO BIANCHI music online Buy MAURIZIO BIANCHI & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MAURIZIO BIANCHI DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MAURIZIO BIANCHI Symphony For A Genocide ratings distribution

MAURIZIO BIANCHI Symphony For A Genocide reviews

Review by philippe
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Content Development & Krautrock Team
3 stars It's better to be advertised, Maurizio Bianchi's first essays define a musical world made of industrial experiments & artefacts, recycled noises and aggressive electronic variations. This is very far from his late and much more convincing efforts in meditative, introspective atmospheric (almost "ambient") electronic textures. "Symphony For A Genocide" is a concept album around the horror of Nazis "concentration" camps. No emotion here, just a musical universe full of terrific, auto-destroyed, extreme, atonal, pulverizing sounds. Contrary to most of critics I don't recognize this album as one among the best Bianchi's . "Symphony For A genocide" is very hard to approach, to digest and remains very cryptical. I prefer Bianchi in his extremely touching inspired "looped" melodies played with sensitivity ("AMB Iehn Tale", "M. I. Nheem Alysm"...). I personally think that an album as "The Testamentary Corridor" (Staalplat, 2006) would be a better evocation & testimony for a genocide.

Send comments to philippe (BETA) | Report this review (#100383) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 25, 2006

Review by Sheavy
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Progressive Electronic Team
5 stars The sounds of the industry.

This album is what I always envision when I people talk about Industrial music. Not Ministry, KMFDM, NIN, or Front Line Assembly, but something like this. This is a harsh album, but not in the same way as a Merzbow album. It isn't that it's extremely loud, but that it's just abrasive and very off-putting, much in the same as you'd rather not be around heavy equipment at a construction site.

I'm really uncertain as to exactly what is going on that makes these sounds, and the best word I can come up with to describe the sounds, is machines. There's all sorts of scratches and scrapes, and similar noise. These sounds also work very well with the concept behind this album, which is mainly about the atrocities committed on the Jews by the Nazis during WWII. This concept really changes how you listen to the "music" on this album, it really does reflect the horror of what happened in German concentration camps. This album truly captures what it set out to accomplish, a Symphony For A Genocide.

I see this as an indispensable piece of Prog Electronic/Industrial music.

Send comments to Sheavy (BETA) | Report this review (#473154) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 30, 2011

Review by Guldbamsen
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site and Forum Admin
2 stars Ugly sound sculptures reflecting on the human condition

Still within the confines of the boot shaped country, this review does however take a huge u-turn musically and goes from the prodigal rock fires of classic RPI, to the eroding harshness of electronic pioneer Maurizio Bianchi. His 1981 release Symphony for a Genocide has become quite the cult artefact these days, and whether by way of it's unfriendly jaggedy appearance or indeed for its reputation for being the progressive electronic album equivalent to Trout Mask Replica, it continues to remain a highly sought out item among the more mad electrolytes. The two albums obviously bear no resemblance to each other whatsoever, but there's a deliberate insanity and impossibly difficult aura surrounding both, which has most music writers pulling out their teeth - talking about anti-music and the emperor's new clothes.

I am very open to experiments, also the completely bonkers ones, but in order for me to really get into them, there needs to be some form of soul or passion behind. So naturally when Maurizio Bianchi decided to refrain from any such qualities in order to relegate the grim fear and purgatorial evil of the death camps of W.W.ll, I find myself equally mystified by the complete lack of melody and concord, and the fact that nothing on the album seems even remotely listenable.

Sounding like a soundtrack to an industrious slaughterhouse with cold robotic machine noises, Symphony for a Genocide does succeed in its quest for authentic apocalyptic music. It almost supersedes it's goal. To me personally, this album is far better on recollection. The more time that passes between each listen of it, the more strangely enamoured with the very idea behind the album I seem to get - an idea that rivals even the most frightening of war museums in terms of portraying the unthinkable horror of the holocaust. Then I put the album on and reach halfway, before my brain thirsts for feel.....

The synths on this colossus of a record are uniquely ugly. That's the first thing you'll probably pick up on. Without a milligram of melody they sound like old arcade games music gone berserk. Corroding, slicing, pulverising their way through your speakers the sheer impact of them will either have you nurturing strange erotic thoughts about skips and large oil tankers, or perhaps more likely make your skin crawl.

On the other hand, you have to give Bianchi credit for having the balls to release this thing. While there'd been a number of abstract personalities on the progressive electronic scene, Maurizio took what Conrad Schnitzler flirted around with in an embryonic phase and cultivated it, or indeed tortured the hell out of it, subsequently coming up with this horrific industrial voyage through one of mankind's darkest chapters.

So there you have it: one of the most unique, unlistenable and memorable records ever made. I am thrilled to have it in my collection, don't get me wrong - while I detest the music, I adore the notion of having physical remnants of the outer extremities of the forever winding age old music tree.

Send comments to Guldbamsen (BETA) | Report this review (#1000153) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 17, 2013

4 stars This version of 'Symphony for a Genocide' is the re-mastered one. Its sharper and more harsh in sound than the 'Dark Vinyl' CD I own from the early 90's which sounds far murkier and darker - almost as though your listening to it at the bottom of a mine-shaft. The clean up job has almost been t ... (read more)

Report this review (#607800) | Posted by Dobermensch | Thursday, January 12, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MAURIZIO BIANCHI "Symphony For A Genocide"