Tangerine Dream - Zeit 'Largo In 4 Movements' CD (album) cover

ZEIT 'LARGO IN 4 MOVEMENTS'

Tangerine Dream

Progressive Electronic

idoownu
5 stars This is the greatest electronic album ever made.

But, it is most definetally not the only. I learned this the hard way as I discovered I could get this album for a measly $4 on amazon, and promptly bought it. My reaction to it was basically the same as any of the many 1 star or 2 star reviews you see on this webpage. It was to long, and nothing happened in it.

But then, over time I accumulated many more electronic progressive albums such as 'X' by Klaus Schulze and 'Oxygene' by Jean-Michel Jarre. I realized I seeked the perfect electronic album, to stump all of the rest. One that was lengthy (as 'X' is) and yet quiet and cathartic (like Yatha Sidhra's Mass Meditation). What I was seeking was Zeit.

What makes this already astounding album so incredibly awesome is it's ability to size everything up. After staring at the album cover (amazing!) and listening the long, weaving motifs, I can honestly say I have a complete comprehension of the size of the universe. Every miniscule planet and star in it. All within this magnificent album, that I otherwise would have shrugged off.

Basically, get it, unless you are an electronic newcomer.

idoownu | 5/5 |