Yes - Something's Coming  CD (album) cover

SOMETHING'S COMING

penguindf12
5 stars This is some of the absolute best work Yes ever did.

I was VERY surprised when I started investigating Yes' early releases - I've been told for years how it's not as good as their Howe/Wakeman era. This is COMPLETELY FALSE. Early Yes has a raw POWER their later slick productions could never match.

"Something's Coming" erupts with a fire never heard from Yes before - the bass, guitar, & organ BURN. There is an incredible Bruford drum solo. The whole piece moves like ROCK - certainly something the current incarnation of Yes could never achieve. It's a bit gritty, but intelligent, brilliantly orchestrated, and probably my favorite Yes ever. This blows Leonard Bernstein's boring original out of the water (and I LOVE Bernstein!). Yes go though a beautiful range of moods in a short amount of time. I miss this Yes, so much.

"Dear Father" is another of my all-time favorite tracks. Had it been on any album, it would have been THE standout track. The orchestra on it really adds - I don't care what anyone else says, that orchestra sounds COOL. The lyrics are some of the best, sends shivers down my spine. A song to God.

Find these by any means necessary!

penguindf12 | 5/5 |