SOMETHING'S COMING

- Tony Kaye / keyboards
- Bill Bruford / drums, percussions

Atlantic
2091 199

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Something's Coming Music

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Something's Coming ratings distribution

YES Something's Coming reviews

Review by penguindf12
5 stars This is some of the absolute best work Yes ever did.

I was VERY surprised when I started investigating Yes' early releases - I've been told for years how it's not as good as their Howe/Wakeman era. This is COMPLETELY FALSE. Early Yes has a raw POWER their later slick productions could never match.

"Something's Coming" erupts with a fire never heard from Yes before - the bass, guitar, & organ BURN. There is an incredible Bruford drum solo. The whole piece moves like ROCK - certainly something the current incarnation of Yes could never achieve. It's a bit gritty, but intelligent, brilliantly orchestrated, and probably my favorite Yes ever. This blows Leonard Bernstein's boring original out of the water (and I LOVE Bernstein!). Yes go though a beautiful range of moods in a short amount of time. I miss this Yes, so much.

"Dear Father" is another of my all-time favorite tracks. Had it been on any album, it would have been THE standout track. The orchestra on it really adds - I don't care what anyone else says, that orchestra sounds COOL. The lyrics are some of the best, sends shivers down my spine. A song to God.

Find these by any means necessary!

Send comments to penguindf12 (BETA) | Report this review (#478999) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 08, 2011

3 stars A single release from Yes, 1969 era that contains "Somethings Coming" as well as "Dear Father'. The latter song is pretty good but the former does little for me. I have never been a huge fan of the first 2 Yes albums, YES and TIME AND A WORD, so nothing strikes me as that special here. Collectors mi ... (read more)

Report this review (#749367) | Posted by mohaveman | Saturday, May 05, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Something's Coming "