Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick CD (album) cover

THICK AS A BRICK

Jethro Tull

Prog Folk

Progdaybay
3 stars So, now this 'one-of-all-time-great' ! I have listened closely, once again, this special opus, and quite frankly I cannot agree with the majority. Since a lot of people here go for reviewing prog stuff that are outside their preferred 'genre', I am going for doing the same... It is that "prog-folk" is really not my cup of tea, and even one of the most acclaimed CD will not make me like the genre.

Of course, the flute of Anderson is amazing, and the atmosphere is unique. And the two parts are of unequal quality, in my view. The first is the classic, inspired, very interesting and with a lot of different impulses. The second one does not display any of the first part inspiration; it is more in the mood of all other J.Tull music. I see this as giving a score of 4 for part-one, and a score of 2 for part-two. Meaning that part-1 is an excellent addition to a prog rock collection, and that part-2 is for fans only !

I don't like at all the voice of the lead singer, and only that would avoid giving a score of 5, in my opinion. After a while, I would like him not to sing !! It disturbs me in the long distance.

It is finally a simple average on both parts : a good music... which is non-essential for me.

Progdaybay | 3/5 |