Warhorse - Warhorse CD (album) cover

WARHORSE

Warhorse

lesbaker999
4 stars I was lucky enough to see this band many years back and recently obtained their album which I had early lost. They were very good, and quite possibly one of the best bands of their day. Their set consisted of highly complex arrangements, but the sheer raw power of the playing was not lost.

But the guy that really struck me as truly great was the guitarist, Ged Peck. He could do things that I've never seen anyone else do. He was fast beyond belief, although he never pranced about like others. He was the basis of that band and when he left, they clearly lost direction.

As for the album, I really feel that although it's very good, it only gives a small indication of the talent of this group.

Perhaps - as a budding guitarist myself in these days - I'm just a slight bit biased, but there were many others like me who used to stand in awe in front of that guy trying to learn how he did it. He was the finest, without doubt, and it's a shame that few people have heard of him.

| 4/5 |