The Doors - Strange Days CD (album) cover

The Doors

Frankie Flowers
4 stars Strange days is one of my favourite albums by the Doors. Really great stuff, vocally, instrumentally, productionwise too, it sounds very fresh even today. This album really takes off where the first album left off. If anything it is a more cohesive work with the band experimenting with Moogs and overdubs (in a gloriously quaint 60's way of course). There's actually an even more spooky sound overall, from the title track and "You're Lost Little Girl" in particular. The charmingly eeire guitar effects work splendidly here. I especially love "Strange Days", the wonderful "Moonlight Drive" and "My Eyes Have Seen You". Strange Days is a breathtaking example of The Doors' musical and production values that set them apart from way back to now. I must also mention the cover. It really suits the music! Four solid stars!
Frankie Flowers | 4/5 |