Genesis - Nursery Cryme CD (album) cover

NURSERY CRYME

Genesis

toroddfuglesteg
5 stars Voice from a passing workmate: "Hey, I did not know that you like hymns !".

That kind of sums up this album. This album has been a long time favorite of mine. Mainly because of the basis on pastoral hymns this album has. Yes, I know that Musical Box has some heavy melody lines too. But even they are pretty pastoral and church hymns like.

The Musical Box, The Return Of The Giant Hogweed and The Fountain Of Salmacis is the big classics from this album. But I really think the other songs are great too. The pastoral sound also plays a big part on my enjoyment of this album.

In short, this album is one of the reasons I am such a fan of Genesis, the symphonic prog band. Nothing but full marks will suffice.

5 stars