Deep Purple - The Book Of Taliesyn CD (album) cover

Deep Purple

4 stars I consider "The Book of Taliesyn" one of the best Proto-Prog albums of all of the times, and I find very superior in relation to the other 2 albums of DEEP PURPLE"S MK-I phase. In spite of still to present strong influences of the Flower-Power movement as for instance, the use of elements of the oriental music, of the boogie-woogie, and influences from The Beatles, Cream, The Who etc... there is in this disk a strong inclination of adopting influences of jazz and classical music.. Such observations are easily noticed, for instance: Track 2 "Wring That Neck" brings a theme that mixes jazz & blues, Track 4 "Exposition / We can work it out" relates the classic music (in "Exposition") with one of the best versions for a Beatles"s song . Track 5 "Shield" presents a guitar arrangement and a rhythm that reminds ndian themes and besides it culminates with a percussion arrangement that simulates a Tablas concert. My rate is 4 stars.
maryes | 4/5 |