Tangerine Dream - Stratosfear CD (album) cover

Tangerine Dream

Progressive Electronic

Evolver
Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
4 stars During my tenure at a record/CD store in the eighties and nineties, this Tangerine Dream album always sold more than any other. Was it better than the other realeases? Not to me, but that's a matter of taste. I always though it was the play on words in the title, using the word "fear", giving the album a sense of danger.

But was it dangerous? Not really. I didn't even find it as eerie, or mesmerizing as other TD albums of the time. But still, it's a good album. Stratosfear, the title track, is the most like the rhythmic pulsing TD I know from other album of theirs from the seventies. The remaining tracks tend to be more nebulous and experimental. That's not a bad thing, but some of the sounds they make just seem to come in from out of the blue, and don't fit the rest of the piece. But I still like it.

Evolver | 4/5 |