Caravan - For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night CD (album) cover

FOR GIRLS WHO GROW PLUMP IN THE NIGHT

Caravan

Canterbury Scene

BrufordFreak
4 stars This album reminds me of a scenario in which the 70s group AMERICA tried to play like THE WHO, or if HARRY NILSSON joined up with THE MOODY BLUES, or if THE OZARK MOUNTAIN DAREDEVILS decided to play CROSBY, STILLS, NASH & YOUNG. Such a different feel from the only other Caravan album I own, "In the Land of Grey and Pink"--it has a very countrified, bluesified, folked-up, 'Southern Rock' like feel to it. I can't help but notice the greater importance lyrics have in this version of Caravan. Clever lyrics. Nice vocal harmonies. I love Hasting and Sinclair's playing off of the beautiful orchestration in "L'auberge..." (a longer "Macarthur's Park") Very nice album; very enjoyable listening experience. Solid drumming well recorded. Definitely a poppier side of prog. Solid 4 stars- -excellent addition to any prog lover's music collection.

Personal faves: "Memory Iain Hugh" (9/10), "Be Alright" (9/10), "L'auberge du sanglier" (8/10)

BrufordFreak | 4/5 |