Caravan - Live At Fairfield Halls - 1974 CD (album) cover

Canterbury Scene

4 stars Quite simply, 'Girls that grow plump...' is a fantastic album, and in particular I just love the last track. To that end I've always wanted to find a 'live' version of it, and after a bit of research I found it! So, does it deliver?

Well, the musicianship is first-rate, the same as listening to the studio album infact. But therein lies a slight problem. It sounds too much like a studio album, and not a live one!

The music is therefore great (and there's 79 minutes of it, no less), but there's no live 'rawness' to it.

Overall, I found it very easy to listen to (because I'm familiar with the music), and enjoyable, but at the same time it disappointingly doesn't add anything new.

sussexbowler | 4/5 |