Tony Banks - Bankstatement CD (album) cover

Tony Banks

2 stars I really expected a lot of this album when I bought it back in the day.Steve Hillage guested on guitar and his was the first gig I had ever attended.Tony Banks was a keyboard player that I really admired.I remember that at about the time I purchased this I also bought Wet Dreams by Richard Wright. Keyboards was my favourite instrument and I had hoped for stirring stuff. I was to be disappointed. This album was much weaker than Wet Dreams,and I remember being thankful that I had never found a Peter Bardens solo album. The pain may have been too much to bare. Tony Banks was crucial to the success of Genesis,but as a solo artist he left me wanting so much more.
horza | 2/5 |