Neuschwanstein - Battlement CD (album) cover

BATTLEMENT

Neuschwanstein

Menswear
3 stars Whoah. I think I feel what an archeologist feels when he founds a rare piece of history. Because that's exactly what to expect here. I NEVER heard of the existence of the work that band provided. I even never heard of them as a reference in anything related to music....and that's too bad. Because we get the feeling of a 'job well done' in almost every track.

2 types of approach: the happy one and the not so happy. Titles like Loafer Jack provides flute that approaches a convention of gay sheperds. Maybe too sweet for me.

But ahh, on the not so happy side, well, the rest of the album. Cool keyboard lines Camel- style on many occasions, good drumming, heavy sliding bass. The constructions of the songs are well crafted and suppose a lot of maturity. Lots of flute and acoustic guitar, but once again, this is not a Tull/ Camel clone. The song Battlement is strangely ressembling a song by The Eels titled Beautiful Freak. Nice el-piano, sparkled like gentle snow on a cold ground.

And OF COURSE, this record holds the title of best imitation of Peter Gabriel. Man, this is really a good impersonation! Strangely, you almost get more sympathy for the album JUST because you COULD think it's really him. In my little noggin', it's a lost record starring Peter in a voice that recalls the days of Trespass. ANyway, hurray for that, the level of attachement is just higher.

Without the shadow of a doubt, these guys could've been in the big german league with Nektar, Triumvirat, Novalis and...er...who's from Germany? Litlle help?

With Locanda Delle Fate, Roverscio della Medaglia and Novalis, I vote these as Best No- Name Brand. Give it a try if you find it.

Menswear | 3/5 |