Caravan - If I Could Do It All Over Again, I'd Do It All Over You CD (album) cover

IF I COULD DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN, I'D DO IT ALL OVER YOU

Caravan

Canterbury Scene

belz
5 stars 4.69/5.00

I gave 4.7/5.0 for "In the land of grey and pink", and really both albums are awesome (even if "If I Could Do It All Over Again, I'd Do It All Over You" may be more difficult to reach).

"If I Could Do It All Over Again, I'd Do It All Over You" is not an easy album to listen to. If I was totally blown away by "Nine feet underground" on "In the land of grey and pink" it took AT LEAST 4-5 listening of this one before understanding how great it is. The first song - theme song - is funny, with some humour and crazy 60's rhythm. The second song - And I wish I were stoned - Don't worry - is probably one of the greatest Canterbury song ever, but it took some time for me to really understand its power. It is melodious, harmonius, somehow very soft;at some point the keyboards are there but this is really an emotional song I would say. "As I feel I die " is simply crazy... The guitar is huge, the rhythm also... But, clearly, my favorite song is " With an ear to the ground you can make it / Martinian / Only cox / Reprise". This song is AWESOME, with great Camel-like rhythm (good for you if you like early Camel!) and huge keyboards. This is Canterbury music at its best.

belz | 5/5 |