Pain Of Salvation - Remedy Lane CD (album) cover

Pain Of Salvation

4 stars I bought this album by recommendation that these guys were like Dream Theater, but with more melodies. I would have to say that having listened to the album that description is absolutely spot on. This for me is almost a perfect progressive album, incorporating a blend of some essential prog elements: it has strange moments, beautiful moments, melodic moments, heavy moments, fast + slow moments, mood swings, guitar solos - the lot. And towards the end, in the middle of some complex song structures, comes the soaring and beautiful 'Second Love', which is stunning. This is a mature and powerful album from a band in their prime.
| 4/5 |