Camel - Mirage CD (album) cover

MIRAGE

Camel

belz
5 stars 4.6/5.0

Anything below 4/5 on this album is a shame! This is really a huge album, even if not as great as SnowGoose or Moonmadness! The rhythm on Nimrod, the crazinest of Earthrise or the magic of the keyboards on Lady Fantasy, everything on this album is great!

Like most people, this was my first experience with Camel (Later, I discovered SnowGoose and Moonmadness). Now, I unserstand a bit more their Canterbury scene influence, mainly Caravan on those two albums: If I could do it all and In the land of grey and pink. However, Camel has its own sound and originality. This album is complex yet simple and easy to listen if you're new to prog music. An absolutely fantastic album if you like Canterbury Scene or Symphonic progressive music with huge keyboards and melancolic voice!

belz | 5/5 |