Anthony Phillips - Private Parts & Pieces V: Twelve  CD (album) cover

PRIVATE PARTS & PIECES V: TWELVE

Anthony Phillips

ZowieZiggy
2 stars This is another full acoustic guitar album from Anthony. And to be honest, I have had quite a difficult time to go through those twelve pieces of music.

I understand that it is easier to depict the months of the year while painting: at least you can show some darkness for January, some icy and cold landscape for February, some windy atmosphere for March, some return to a normal time in April, the first nice day and the flowers for May, the light of June, the hot and oppressive feel during July & August etc. This is valid in the Northern hemisphere of course.

While performing all these tracks about the course of the year, I couldn't feel any particular difference between each of them. OK, it gets a little wilder for twenty seconds during "April"?

This is an album for acoustic guitar player who could discuss amongst themselves the skills, quality and style and maybe find out some limitations about the artist. But I am not such one. In terms of prog or personal impression I would rate this work with one star, but since this album is definitely for a certain audience, I won't be so harsh and I upgrade it to two.

ZowieZiggy | 2/5 |