Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse CD (album) cover

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

3 stars I can't see why Åkerfeldt considers this album as their best. It lacks the melodical strength of any of their other albums and is a little more than a death metal blowout. I had great expectations for this album and after I heard it I was more than little disappointed. This still doesn't mean that it has no good moments or songs worth checking out. "April Ethereal" is probably the best song here and I specially like the outro here. "Prologue" is a nice albeit somewhat monotonic instrumental which serves as a good closer to a rather dark and depressing album.

So,it's all doom and bleakness and growls without the musical treat that the other Opeth albums give. Three is the best I can give this one.

Aranarth | 3/5 |