Royal Hunt - Intervention CD (album) cover

Royal Hunt

4 stars i chose to make this my first Royal Hunt review since, though technically only an "EP", it has 4 of my favourite Royal Hunt songs:

Intervention: the first RH song i heard and its super. grand, progressive, epic!

Lies (Live): i love the thrashy guitar intro - totally un-RH like (they usually go for synth/ keyboard etc. given that Andre is the key composer)

Follow Me (Live): along with Intervention, one of the first songs i heard. its lyrical journey is fantastic right from: "If pictures could talk there'd be too many voices If sorrow could scream I'd be deaf in a day..." - dark poetry anyone?

U-Turn: one of the biggest enigmas of prog-rock for me is why this never made it to a proper album! its far better than many (most?) RH songs. 7+ minutes of lovely lyrics, soulful singing, mesmerising riff/ rhythm with piano solo thrown in...who in his right mind cut this off an album?

a strong 4-stars from me...

sv_godspeed | 4/5 |