Deep Purple - Machine Head CD (album) cover

Deep Purple

5 stars This is not, in my opinion, Deep Purple's best album, but it is nonetheless a masterpiece. The album begins and ends with tracks that prove that simplicity is the art of design. Maybe I'm a Leo experiments with a more funky riff. Pictures of Home is a Deep Purple classic with a lovely bass solo that maybe one day I'll be able to play. Never Before returns to a more funk-rock feel. Smoke on the Water is of course a classic and must have the most well known riff on the planet. It's the song that sells the album. Lazy, though, is my favourite track on the album - a track that slowly builds.
bassgeezer | 5/5 |