Genesis - Genesis Live CD (album) cover

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars Unlike many people here I generally prefer studio albums than live albums... but I have to recognize that some live works run very well. This is the case of 1973 Genesis Live.

Ok, I also confess that initially this album did not impress me too much due to the fact that at that time (1974, I guess) I had not seen anything live from Genesis be it a video or a film or a tv demo or whatever (I knew Genesis only in photos which explains little). Many years later (thanks to VHS) I saw the band in action and my impressions grew intensely.

On the other hand the single fact that a then-unknown song appeared in the album, 'The knife', was a reason for rejoicing for me and other Brazilian fans. Until today, I consider the live version of 'The knife' better than the studio version.

Minus 1-star since this album functions better when you have moving action together. Total: 4.

Atkingani | 4/5 |