Lunatic Soul - Impressions CD (album) cover

Lunatic Soul

4 stars Well, here we we have the much anticipated third release from Mr Duda. I listened to this album three times before attempting this review, as I am a big fan of Lunatic Soul's first two outings. This is masterpiece of recording technique and sonic developments, however, it seems to be missing the lunatic in Lunatic Soul. Most of the tracks on Impressions have more of an ambient feel to them than anything progressive. It is also missing the darker, gothic (or maybe Middle Eastern) flair that the first two offerings provide. For me, the best track is Impressions V, which elicites some emotional response, rather than a mostly mellower, sink into the couch, feel. Having said that, this album is a quite comfortable glove, and is fully suited to background music with company over; not for dropping acid and playing right after Pink Floyd's "Meddle". Even though I am a bit disappointed with this music as a Lunatic Soul album, I still quite like it and am giving it a 3.7 stars, and therefore rounding up to a 4
merid1en | 4/5 |