IMPRESSIONS

4. Impression IV (3:57)
5. Impression V (5:02)
6. Impression VI (7:33)
7. Impression VII (3:13)
8. Impression VIII (4:24)

9. Gravestone Hill (remix) (3:51)
10. Summerland (remix) (4:26)

Search LUNATIC SOUL Impressions lyrics

Search LUNATIC SOUL Impressions tabs

- Mariusz Duda / vocals, bass guitar, acoustic guitar, percussion
- Maciej Szelenbaum / piano, keyboards
- Wawrzyniec Dramowicz / drums, percussion

Thanks to Phenomenoumenon for the addition

LUNATIC SOUL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LUNATIC SOUL Impressions Music

Lunatic Soul II US $19.42 Buy It Now 8 days
LUNATIC SOUL - II (180GM) NEW VINYL US $55.84 Buy It Now 8 days
LUNATIC SOUL - LUNATIC SOUL - NEW CD US $10.53 Buy It Now 9 days
Lunatic Soul - Vol. 2-Lunatic Soul [Vinyl New] US $29.48 Buy It Now 9 days
LUNATIC SOUL SELF TITLED 2 X LP WHITE VINYL MARIUSZ DUDA MINT UK US $49.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Vol. 2-lunatic Soul - Soul Lunatic New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $45.83 Buy It Now 10 days
Lunatic Soul - Soul Lunatic New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $22.91 Buy It Now 10 days
Lunatic Soul II US $21.47 Buy It Now 11 days
Lunatic Soul - Lunatic Soul NEW CD US $12.25 Buy It Now 15 days
Lunatic Soul - Lunatic Soul Ii NEW CD US $16.74 Buy It Now 15 days
Lunatic Soul - Impressions NEW CD US $16.74 Buy It Now 15 days
LUNATIC SOUL - LUNATIC SOUL, VOL. 2 [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $10.33 Buy It Now 16 days
Lunatic Soul - Impressions 1 LP Set New Vinyl Kscope US $32.52 Buy It Now 17 days
Lunatic Soul - Ii 2 LP Set New Vinyl Kscope US $32.52 Buy It Now 17 days
Lunatic Soul - Lunatic Soul (NEW CD) US $15.66 Buy It Now 18 days
Lunatic Soul - Impressions (2011) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $11.81 Buy It Now 19 days
LUNATIC SOUL - LUNATIC SOUL - KSCOPE112 US $15.59 Buy It Now 24 days
Lunatic Soul 2 [Digipak] by Lunatic Soul (CD, 2009, Kscope) US $10.35 Buy It Now 25 days
LUNATIC SOUL - LUNATIC SOUL II - KSCOPE161 US $19.54 Buy It Now 25 days
Lunatic Soul - Lunatic Soul 2 [CD New] US $13.31 Buy It Now 25 days
Lunatic Soul - Impressions [CD New] US $13.32 Buy It Now 25 days
LUNATIC SOUL - IMPRESSIONS NEW CD US $22.08 Buy It Now 25 days
LUNATIC SOUL - LUNATIC SOUL 2 NEW CD US $22.08 Buy It Now 25 days
LUNATIC SOUL**2 (GATEFOLD)**2 VINYL SET US $25.50 Buy It Now 25 days
Impressions [Digipak] by Lunatic Soul (CD, Oct-2011, Kscope) US $10.35 Buy It Now 26 days
Lunatic Soul - Impressions [Vinyl New] US $27.69 Buy It Now 26 days
Impressions, Lunatic Soul, New US $19.66 Buy It Now 28 days
Lunatic Soul - Lunatic Soul 2 CD US $18.20 Buy It Now 29 days
Lunatic Soul - Impressions CD Pop Rock US $18.20 Buy It Now 29 days
LUNATIC SOUL - IMPRESSIONS [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $13.33 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy LUNATIC SOUL music online Buy LUNATIC SOUL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for LUNATIC SOUL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

LUNATIC SOUL Impressions ratings distribution

LUNATIC SOUL Impressions reviews

Review by J-Man
4 stars Despite being a member of one of the biggest progressive metal acts on the scene today, the music you'll find from Mariusz Duda's Lunatic Soul is just about as far away as you can get from anything related to metal. Lunatic Soul clearly is a project with different intentions than that of Riverside, with its reflective and emotionally compelling style of new age often leaning more towards dark ambient than anything rock-oriented. Though the wordless, atmospheric, and experimental nature of Impressions may not be a guaranteed success for all fans of Riverside, it's clear to me that Mariusz Duda struck gold with this spectacular effort. Those who enjoyed the first two Lunatic Soul albums should find no difficulty falling in love with Impressions.

Mariusz Duda is best known for his spectacular vocal pipes as the frontman for Riverside, but his singing is used rather sparingly throughout Impressions. His vocals don't pop up too frequently, and when they do, his singing is used only to provide an additional melody rather than any lyrical concept. The almost entirely wordless nature of the album leaves every listener with the opportunity to create their own story to match the introverted style of the music - I actually think this aspect of the album allows the listener to connect with what Mariusz Duda is creating on a more personal level than one would ever imagine. The music is rather dark and repetitive, with the vast majority of the focus aimed towards creating hypnotic atmospheres and beautiful subtleties. While Lunatic Soul never prides itself on creating overtly technical music, the talent of these three musicians is clear right from the beginning. Everything from the lush acoustic guitars, transcendental synthesizers, and subtle use of digital effects is executed perfectly, and the crystal clear production makes this listening experience even more authentic.

While the highly atmospheric and emotionally demanding style of Impressions guarantees that it should never be used as background music, it's surprisingly quite accessible. I found myself entranced by the album even during my first listen, and every future spin has only deepened my affection for the music found on Impressions. While it may not be for everybody, the music that Lunatic Soul creates is highly original, transcendentally mystifying, and extremely professional - take it or leave it, this is one of the best progressive albums of 2011. 4 stars and a warm recommendation are very well-deserved.

Send comments to J-Man (BETA) | Report this review (#595088) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 23, 2011

4 stars This is the latest release from the RIVERSIDE frontman's side project called LUNATIC SOUL. It's album number three and according to Mariusz "This third one is totally cinematic...I decided to return to the music I was listening to when I was younger such as Vangelis and Mike Oldfield". He describes this third one as a supplement to the first two albums and not part of a trilogy. There are no lyrics on this one but we do get vocal melodies. Also we get two bonus tracks that have been re-mixed. One is from the debut and it's called "Summerland" and the other is from the second release and it's called "Gravestone Hill". Each track on here is called "Impression" and it goes from I-VIII.

"Impression I" is led by vocal melodies and atmosphere early on then we get a beat after a minute that will come and go along with the vocals. Guitar around 3 1/2 minutes as the beat continues. "Impression II" features gentle guitar as the piano joins in. A beautiful track. "Impression III" has these intricate sounds that ping as the rain comes down. It picks up with percussion and guitar before 2 minutes. It then kicks in with surprising heaviness before 5 minutes. Cool song. "Impression IV" has strummed guitar and percussion early then the bass and vocal melodies follow. It settles after 2 1/2 minutes to the end. Nice bass late as it blends into "Impression V".The bass is joined by guitar then atmosphere before 2 minutes. It kicks in hard before 4 minutes.

"Impression VI" has this drum beat that comes and goes slowly as the guitar and vocal melodies join in. Piano around 4 minutes. It turns haunting 5 1/2 minutes in and we get strings too. "Impression VII" has percussion sounds as the guitar echoes. Great sound after 1 1/2 minutes with deep bass and more. "Impression VIII" is mostly piano and atmosphere.

Once again Travis Smith did the art work. It's interesting that the first album has that black cover depicting this soul who has left it's body and starts to wander. The second disc has the white cover revealing this soul has drawn closer to the light. This supplement album is a mix of both of course since it's a reflection of both. An excellent album that I really enjoy listening to in solitude with headphones.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#611199) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 16, 2012

3 stars Lunatic Soul's Impressions, another solo/side project from Riverside's frontman. Again with the help of Maciej Szelenbaum, and Indukti drummer Wawrzyniec Dramowicz. Lunatic Souls, moves even further into the landscape of Instrumental Ambient/ New age music. With a clear reference to early ... (read more)

Report this review (#794976) | Posted by tamijo | Thursday, July 26, 2012 | Review Permanlink

3 stars While I really like this and the previous two Lunatic Soul albums, I can see why some dismiss them as not really being prog. Me, I love this kind of ambient world music--soundscapes with emotion--which makes Impressions, IMO, better than its two predecessors (though I don't really like the space ... (read more)

Report this review (#571322) | Posted by BrufordFreak | Saturday, November 19, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Well, here we we have the much anticipated third release from Mr Duda. I listened to this album three times before attempting this review, as I am a big fan of Lunatic Soul's first two outings. This is masterpiece of recording technique and sonic developments, however, it seems to be missing the ... (read more)

Report this review (#568988) | Posted by merid1en | Wednesday, November 16, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of LUNATIC SOUL "Impressions"