Lunatic Soul - Impressions CD (album) cover

IMPRESSIONS

Lunatic Soul

tamijo
3 stars Lunatic Soul's Impressions, another solo/side project from Riverside's frontman. Again with the help of Maciej Szelenbaum, and Indukti drummer Wawrzyniec Dramowicz.

Lunatic Souls, moves even further into the landscape of Instrumental Ambient/ New age music. With a clear reference to early Mike Oldfield albums. Duda's vocal now tuned down from actual songs to a vocal instrument. More tracks now only featuring Duda, playing a wide range of different instruments. The music on the album interesting, taste full, but in my personal taste, also a little boring. Just as with Mike Oldfield, its music, I have to be in a special mood to enjoy.

You should not judge music by comparishment, but I cannot help compare it with Lunatic Soul II, and I do miss those songs a lot, they kept the album together, and I just love the sound of him singing. Its not a bad album at all, but in this style I find other albums more interesting and important, so I will stick to 3 stars, and hope he will be back with more, next time with those mellow songs.

Two bonus tracks, with vocals, both remixed from Lunatic Soul II, finish off the album, I have no idear what they are doing here, they do not fit at all, and they spoil the fact that the piano driven Impression VIII, would have been a perfect ending.

tamijo | 3/5 |