Led Zeppelin - The 10 Legendary Singles CD (album) cover

Led Zeppelin

2 stars I once had a copy of this - I think it was only released in New Zealand. It is / was a slip case that had the records squeezed in tight. Too tight, needed to be loose a bit there.

Larely for collectors, as a package it could have been and should have been so much better. e.g. It could and should have had an anthological or historical intent. An easy to open box, picture sleeves, a book focussing on the singles released with or without the consent or knowledge of Led Zeppelin (there is one and I have a copy) that would have made this now rarity something else. The cover is a substandard painting.

At the time it was worthwhile for the non album track Hey Hey What Can I Do an acoustic number omitted from Zep 3 for what I can only imagine was format limitations.

Music - five star tracks all easily available.

Collectabile desirability - if you are a release collector and have to have it and find a copy then fine, get it for release collectability sake and look after it. It'll probably be quite expensive now. If you are not a fanatic then don't worry, get the albums.

Hey Hey is on the box set and the 10 CD box set version of Coda (there are two versions of that album...) ok say 3 stars to nutty fanatics who have to have everything. But don't think it's a great item worth hunting, it's a mildly crumby package. Brief reiteration - I did buy a copy so I know what being nutty is...

For normal people who see a copy - it's a 2 star curio. WEA NZ and OZ really could have done better - how? They only had to ask!

uduwudu | 2/5 |