This Town Needs Guns - Animals CD (album) cover

This Town Needs Guns

5 stars Before I start, I feel it necessary to say this is NOT a progressive rock album. It is a math rock album.

This is an amazing album, to say the least. I am originally a jazz and metal guy, and I was completely turned off by TTNG (This Town Needs Guns) when I first heard them. I listened to a couple of songs, then...went back to my Symphony X. I did not re-visit them until much later, when my friend got me into some 'mathy' bands. I finally decided not to put off any longer. I sat down and listened to "Animals" in its entirety. Wow. What an experience. It was such a good time, listening to that amazing album. One of the best math rock albums by one of the best math rock bands. This is a MUST have for any fan of math rock. Even if you're an instrumental guy only. This album has over 100 plays on my iTunes, and will hit 200 soon. I HIGHLY recommend it.

(I did not rate it a masterpiece, because there were no epic songs of over 10 minutes).

Crimzonite | 5/5 |