David Gilmour - About Face  CD (album) cover

ABOUT FACE

David Gilmour

voliveira
4 stars 8/10

My idea for this album classification varied somewhat, but in the end I think it deserves 4 stars by the treatment they have received here on the site.

I received a batch of vinyl from my uncle that included much of the Pink Floyd discography, some discs from Led Zeppelin, others of Black Sabbatah (but as I do not like this band, I threw them away), Dire Straits, Yes ... and this album. About to Face.

Because I have loved the album On An Island I really got interested in this one. And ... surprise! About to Face is a typical album of the 80s, then as I love this decade I fell in love with this album! Surrounded by guests Gilmour really showed how good he was. each of the ten songs here are impressive, but as always there are the highlights: the opening Until We Sleep, Murder, the Phil Collins-esque Blue Light (I knew those trumpets reminded me something) and the instrumental, powerful Let's Get Metaphysical (best song here).

4 stars!