6LA8 - In Wake of a Dying Nation CD (album) cover

IN WAKE OF A DYING NATION

6LA8

Progressive Electronic

The Truth
3 stars Three disk efforts are extremely hard to pull off, every once in awhile you get a Joanna Newsom or Frank Zappa to come along and they can do it like nobody's business. Others fail miserably. 6LA8 create a triple album that truly keeps the listeners attention the whole time, a feat which is awfully difficult with dronetronic post-rock. Nonetheless, this album is a great one.

Reason #1: Look at those song titles! I could spend days reading all of those!

Reason #2: The tracks are extremely varied and switch moods and genres quite often which helps the album be cohesive despite it's length.

Reason #3: The tracks are beautiful. This is one of those albums that really takes me on trips and I absolutely love it.

However, the length does prevent me from listening to it often. It's a treat every time I do but I just can't find the time alot of the time. Each disk separately would probably all be 4 star albums but with it's massive length, 3 stars although they almost pulled it off.

This is still an album worth everyone's attention as it's free on their bandcamp and will give the avid listener a real treat. Try out other albums before this one!

The Truth | 3/5 |