Steven Wilson - Grace for Drowning CD (album) cover

Steven Wilson

2 stars YES....a new Steven Wilson album. I could not wait to hear this album, but even after listening to this album 6 times, I find myself bored. This album has its moments, but nothing I find special. Steven Wilson/Porcupine Tree albums always seem to take sometime for me to digest. Fear of a Blank Planet took me a year to finally like. I guess with more time, A Grace for Drowning, could do the same....hopefully. Leading up to this release, I guess, I got my expectation to high. I can't listen to this whole album in one sitting. One or two songs at a time, its ok. Though I still find it extremely stale. This is just one of those albums I am trying to like, but can't understand. In the end i just don't feel like spending the time to like this. Hopefully the next SW album finds what was missing in this album.
Prog_Rocks | 2/5 |