Mostly Autumn - Spirits Of Christmas Past CD (album) cover

Mostly Autumn

Prog Folk

Dr Ball
1 stars Hello my name is Dr Ball. I usually love Mostly Autumn as I love folk/prog and anything that sounds like Pink Floyd. However, I found this album to lack luster and was, in short...mundane. In particular, the cover of the song 'Fairy Tale of New York' to be a cheap cash in and was not even preformed with any genuine enthusiasm. Compared to their earlier albums, where you could sense genuine love and invention in their recording, I find this to be both derivative and frankly, rather dull - not what a hard working Surgeon needs at this festive period. No indeed!

If you are a lover of this album, Dr Ball prescribes one session of ear syringing and a good old fashioned face-palm.

Over and Out. Dr D Ball, M.D