SPIRITS OF CHRISTMAS PAST

4. Fairytale of New York
5. Silent Night

Search MOSTLY AUTUMN Spirits Of Christmas Past lyrics

Search MOSTLY AUTUMN Spirits Of Christmas Past tabs

- Bryan Josh / lead vocals (1, 4), electric guitars (1, 3, 4), acoustic guitars (1, 2, 4), bass (1), piano (1)
- Heather Findlay / lead vocals (1, 2, 4, 5), acoustic guitar (2), backing vocals and percussion
- Ian Jennings / keyboards
- Angela Gordon / flute (2, 4), penny whistle (4), backing vocals
- Andy Smith / bass (3, 4)
- Liam Davidson / lead vocals (3)
- Andrew Jennings / drums (1, 3, 4)

Guest Musicians:
- Troy Donockley / bazouki, tofaran, penny whistle (2)
- Chris Johnson / backing vocals (1, 3, 5), acoustic guitar (2)
- Olivia Sparnenn / backing vocals (1, 5)

CD Autumn Records AUT9333 (2005)

Thanks to NotAProghead for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

MOSTLY AUTUMN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MOSTLY AUTUMN Spirits Of Christmas Past Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Dressed in VoicesDressed in Voices
Heart Full of SkyHeart Full of Sky
Autumn 2007
Last Bright LightLast Bright Light
Cyclops Records 2005
Storms Over London: Live At The London Astoria Saturday 4Th June 2005Storms Over London: Live At The London Astoria Saturday 4Th June 2005
Autumn 2006
Mostly Autumn 2013
DVD$22.47
Storms Over Still WaterStorms Over Still Water
Classic Rock Legends 2005

More places to buy MOSTLY AUTUMN music online Buy MOSTLY AUTUMN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MOSTLY AUTUMN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MOSTLY AUTUMN Spirits Of Christmas Past ratings distribution

MOSTLY AUTUMN Spirits Of Christmas Past reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars This Christmas EP holds a couple of good songs of which the opener is absolutely fantastic. The whole magic of Mostly Autumn is here. Wonderful vocal harmonies, superb guitar of course and a devastating finale with a sublime and very powerful backing band. A great song, for sure.

"Winter Is King" is a pure folkish song. Less catchy but still very pleasant. Strange instruments featured in here. Although MA has a bit forgotten about true prog folk these days, it still belongs to their roots and when it is played at this level, I can only applaude.

Well, next comes something completely different. We all know of this extremely catchy "Slade" song, right ? But what about MA covering "Slade" ? Amazing should I say. The funny thing is that Liam Davison almost sounds as Noddy Holder on the vocals (and I mean it). A great Christmas song of course and definitely the type of song that you would NEVER expect from Mostly Autumn of course. I have been a "Slade" fan in the early seventies, so I am rather satisfied with this version (but I wonder how many MA fans will share my opinion...).

We'll revert to a full folk mood with "Fairytale of New York". It is the weakest so far and you definitely need to be in a Christmas mood to enjoy it at full speed (which is not my case because first I review it in August and second, I am not concerned with any Christian celebration).

The classic "Silent Night" (Stille Nacht) also needs a bit of a Christmas atmosphere. Crystal clear vocals by the female duo. Needless to say that this is not AT ALL my type of song. The only blunder IMO in terms of music here. But bearing in mind the objective of this EP (a Christmas present to their fans), it fits in the philosophy I guess. After a short blank, we'll get some sorts of "Pig On A wing" type of song.

All in all it is a nice collector item.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#131665) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 04, 2007

1 stars Hello my name is Dr Ball. I usually love Mostly Autumn as I love folk/prog and anything that sounds like Pink Floyd. However, I found this album to lack luster and was, in short...mundane. In particular, the cover of the song 'Fairy Tale of New York' to be a cheap cash in and was not even preformed ... (read more)

Report this review (#594823) | Posted by Dr Ball | Friday, December 23, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MOSTLY AUTUMN "Spirits Of Christmas Past"