Kaipa - Kaipa CD (album) cover

3 stars 6/10

The debut album of the Kaipa represents only the beginning of one of the most legendary symphonic progressive rock bands from Sweden, and perhaps the primary. However from what I can give him is not even as good as the stuff that the band is producing today, which is really something amazing. What we see here is a decent work, with great influences of Yes (and a pinch of Camel evidenced in the last track) and that above all prints a loud sound and also original, but is not something that can make me awestruck - it's just median. Another thing that hinders is the Ludin´s vocals who are in their native language (this was also the problem of Anglagard in Hybris), and I personally am much more in favor of the vocals of Patrik Lundström new phase in the band.

3 stars.