Camel - The Snow Goose CD (album) cover

THE SNOW GOOSE

Camel

toroddfuglesteg
5 stars Strangely enough, I was (accidently !) watching Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker ballet when I started to spin this album for the tenth time this week and was looking for an original approach to this review than just knot down 100 words.

Both the Nutcracker and the Swan Lake ballets must have entered the minds of Latimer & co when writing this album. Both they and Tchaikovsky himself captured the essence of nature in their respective compositions The Snow Goose and the Swan Lake. OK, different type of feathers and birds, but still much of the same.

The Snow Goose is like a good ballet. Well, what I think is a good ballet. I am as cultural sophisticated as the caveman I am. But The Snow Goose, the whole album, hits a raw nerve. The nature lovers in us all.

The Snow Goose is mainly an instrumental album. It has something very few other instrumental albums has: A raw nerve which keeps even the most casual the listener intrigued throughout. This is by all standards in progressive rock an outstanding album with outstanding music. It is clearly a top ten album in my view.

I seriously love this album and judge other instrumental albums on the standard The Snow Goose has set. It is a marker which noone has surpassed when it comes to instrumental albums. Enough said.

... Just to add my 100 words view and to register my vote......

5 stars