Mindgames - MMX CD (album) cover

MMX

Mindgames

Richens
4 stars Having now listened to this album MMX and their previous album from 2006 'Actors in a Play', I am happy to say that MMX shows that Mindgames have made good progress between 2006 and 2010.

MMX, in my opinion, as a fan of symphonic and melodic progressive rock, is their strongest album to date. It starts off a little slowly, but by the third track 'Glory of the Night', it is beginning to pick up nicely. The final track 'The Pendulum' is an excellent 15 minute track and a fine closing song for the album.

If you are looking at buying this album (which I am trying to do at the moment!), you may have difficulty finding it for a reasonable price. Being a bit of an audiophile, I tend to buy CD's and then convert them to FLAC file format. I find it a little galling that even now, we don't have access to a generally accepted lossless audio format in the commercial mainstream. The cheapest I can find this CD for is from the Mindgames e-store for close to 19 euros, which is out of my price bracket. The most I will pay for a CD is 15 and for that price it better be good! If I can find it for 15 or less I will definitely buy it and I do recommend it as a very good addition to any progressive collection.

Richens | 4/5 |