MMX

Mindgames MMX album cover

Buy MINDGAMES Music
Studio Album, released in 2010

1. The Source
2. In My Humble Opinion...
3. Glory of Night

Maximilian von Wullerstorff / bass guitar, bass pedals
Benny Petak / drums, percussion
Tom Truyers / piano, synthesizers, Hammond

self-release

Thanks to b_olariu for the addition
and to snobb for the last updates

MINDGAMES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MINDGAMES MMX Music

Actors in a PlayActors in a Play
CD Baby 2012
MmxMmx
CD Baby 2010
International DaylightInternational Daylight
CD Baby 2008
Audio CD$12.97 (used)

More places to buy MINDGAMES music online Buy MINDGAMES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MINDGAMES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MINDGAMES MMX ratings distribution

MINDGAMES MMX reviews

Review by b_olariu
4 stars Third album of Mindgames from 2010, just released last month and named MMX. As previous reviewer observed, the MMX means in roman numer 2010. So, Mindgames needed again a long time to release another album, almost 4 years but the expectation are very positive. This belgium band hit the top of the prog genre with Actors in aplay, with MMX the band manage to keep it big in neo prog filed. Same great atmosphere on entire album, good compositions, and above all a pleasent and surprisingly positive attitude on all pieces. Again they did it , maybe a little less convinceing then previous one, but for sure a good album all the way. Again the pieces are elaborated full of catchy interplay between musicians, very solid musicianship. Every pieces is a winner again, not a bad moment here, they tried and succeded again to come with a valueble album in this genre. A recommended release for sure who needs 4 star easy. Great band who desearve a wider recognition by all prog listners. I'm not sure this is a better album then Actors in a play but for sure is a very well played composed album, and a good candidate to the the best of 2010.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#268078) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, February 25, 2010

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars This Neo Prog album is Mindgames' new release, which is quite contradicting, because it literally means prefix that signifies "reborn", being in new age/era. Well, let's see this Neo-Prog release, shall we ?

As far as my poor, age tired ears can see (hehe), this is optimistic music. All 57 minutes long, I felt fine. It was like one great big cure to kill tired state of my mind and shine some sunlight into it. Well, from little bit more technical point of view, this music is quite various (they call it eclectic), graduating in most of the tracks, while along the way tossing some Prog elements, which results in very interesting experience. I hesitated, if I dare to give my best, but after all, sometimes you feel sure about something and so you do it. That's life, deeds and consequences.

4(+), if not the first then maybe one of few best ratings I've give this year (MMX). Because this music is audio (adieu?) poetry from good spectrum of them. Not so long, but not 39 minutes shortling, Mindgames are presenting fine piece of work that shouldn't be denied. Thanks guys from forum to reminding me that it's actually good album, so I was able to "get to" it.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#269237) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 02, 2010

4 stars Having now listened to this album MMX and their previous album from 2006 'Actors in a Play', I am happy to say that MMX shows that Mindgames have made good progress between 2006 and 2010. MMX, in my opinion, as a fan of symphonic and melodic progressive rock, is their strongest album to date. ... (read more)

Report this review (#596416) | Posted by Richens | Monday, December 26, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MINDGAMES "MMX"