Marillion - Brave CD (album) cover

4 stars Well, this is it. The first really big record made from a band with a depleted sea (no Fish at all). Once you are beyond that point you are going to like this recording. Gone are also the crisp solos of Rothery in favour of a new sound in the guitar more hard rock oriented but overall very interesting altogether. This is a concept album and Hogarth sings it well, specially the first part which is the best part of the CD. You have a Killer A side and a weak b side. So it is a mixed emotion to hear it completely. I didnīt like the organ in the songs I think Jon Lord was behind those solos but overall it is a good record. Too bad they didnīt keep the spirit of prog in the next sessions but I think this one is one of the best records of this band. And boy how I love the Jester!
steelyhead | 4/5 |