Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway CD (album) cover

THE LAMB LIES DOWN ON BROADWAY

Genesis

4.28 | 2025 ratings

Menswear
4 stars What goes up must come down.

After pulling off their brains 4 exquisite pieces of history, Genesis finally stepped into the hall of fame with none of it's members over 25 years old. Try to beat that!

Despite some incredible songs like Carpet Crawlers, Anyway, In the Cage and The Lamia, the thing has the strenght to stand up on it's own legs. The story is although suffering of severe cohesion lacking, whatever that guy Rael's going thru...we don't give a hoot. This story is written so fast and Gabriel's ego really went thru the roof, we have proof. Did he thought he was all that? Who knows. Tony Banks said in the Genesis Songbook: 'I don't know what people's got with the Lamb, I believe we could've done much better...'

I guess the Lamb really could take off ON STAGE, with the lights and the crazy, goofy costumes of Gabriel. This would've made a great single record...maybe the best? Come on, when this record's good, it is pure gold.

To me, this shares a lot with Pink Floyd's The Wall: outrageaous talents backstabbing eachother in studio, creating the unhealthy environnement that kills a record.

It's just too sad way to say goodbye, but with they did it with a bang.

Menswear | 4/5 |