Pink Floyd - Meddle CD (album) cover

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Atkingani
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
5 stars Well, I went to the shop to buy the album "Atom Heart Mother" and I saw this one - I didn't ever know that this work existed... and like I had some money still with me I bought "Meddle" too - a complete blind date (the year: 1972; my age: 15).

Going home I started to regret thinking that money could be better applied... but wow, when I listened it for the first time all my doubts disappeared almost instantly. This is an album for ever, forever!

The tracks: 1) One of these days - amazing, attractive; that moment when everything runs edging perfection. 2) Fearless - nice and pleasant; good guitar and singing with some original effects. 3) San Tropez - hearing it first I felt myself lying in some Mediterranean beach (and look, in terms of beaches I haven't to complain here in Brazil). If a song can transport you to a distant place then it shall be exceptional. 4) A pillow of winds - the most beautiful ballad of Pink Floyd's stock; no more comments since they are not necessary. 5) Seamus - for me, only a filler, but not sufficient to disturb the majesty of the album. 6) Echoes - another EPIC in the same level of 'Atom heart mother', maybe better. Well, it is great indeed and shows a much more continuous display than the last. Also a piece to fill my pantheon of great songs.

I could remove 0.5 star due to the weak 'Seamus' but it would be unfair with the complete album, so the final rating is 5.

Atkingani | 5/5 |