Camel - I Can See Your House From Here CD (album) cover

2 stars Everyone was doing it. Labels might have been pressing for more accessible albums from it's Prog stalwarts... from the ones that just happen have been alive at the time. Genesis, Yes, Tull, Gentle Giant and Camel are examples. So what? What's wrong with that? At the end of the day it's a business. Don't think Progressive artists are exempt from that. To elicit fame, fortune and drugs with a few free guitars were the underlying aim as well as art and break up is they are to self important or if the lead singer takes too much of the earnings. Don't kid yourself.

It shows it's prog leanings heavily with lighter and safer production and a duel keyed assault. I never liked the band's vocals. Sounds like British whisper talking on some poor British cartoon like Peppa Pig. Maybe it's why they made mostly instrumental albums. I don't know. "Wait" (which is quite heavy for the album), "Eye Of The Storm", "Who We Are"'s intro. It's still there, but don't expect to inherit an epiphany.

It's not so bad.