Tool - Salival CD (album) cover

Experimental/Post Metal

5 stars This is my favourite compilation of all times. Collection contains some new versions of songs from ∆nima album, new live songs, and live version of song Part of Me from Opiate EP. There is also cover of beautiful Led Zeppelin's song No Quarter. Every part of music is brilliant, higly innovative. If there is doubt whether Tool is progressive rock band or not, I believe it is unreasonable. Complex musical compositions, excellent guitar work, high level of explorations, deep lyrics, beautiful vocals. One can hear emotions running out of music every second of this collection. Some parts of songs remind me of King Crimson, because of its intelligent musical experiments guided by instruments. I wouldn't put this work in the second plan, because I believe it is essential piece of progressive rock.
nisandzic | 5/5 |