Isildurs Bane - Lost Eggs  CD (album) cover

LOST EGGS

Isildurs Bane

Matti
3 stars My acquaintance with this Swedish band started here. I didn't know in advance (when I borrowed it) that it was a compilation of unreleased tracks - which could be guessed from the title - but that didn't do any harm, on the contrary! First, this selection nicely shows the development of the band up to 1993, and second, if these are leftovers, the real albums must be well worth checking out - which proved to be right. I hate the cover and the whole design, and some more information on the band would have been useful, as a matter of fact.

As hdfisch says, mostly this is from the eighties - or late 70's. According to my memory, a lot of this relatively accessible music falls in the fusion category, but also Symphonic style of Isildurs Bane is present. The music is almost entirely instrumental. The quality is pretty good, both for compositions (with few exceptions) and especially for production, so for a fan this is well worth adding to one's collections. I wouldn't recommend to buy this if you're new to the group, but it will make you interested in the real albums.

Matti | 3/5 |