Kino - Picture CD (album) cover

PICTURE

Kino

Richens
4 stars I have heard various tracks from this album over the last couple of years but had not heard the album in its entirety until last week, when I finally purchased a copy of it.

Being a lover of modern symphonic prog, strong melodies and production, this album hits the spot for me. There is definitely a pop-rock influence but it does have a strong prog flavour. It is disappointing that the group members didn't continue with the project as it is a very strong album that could have been developed very successfully I believe.

I believe this album is an excellent addition to any prog collection. The tracks are optimistic and up-beat and the vocals reflect the enjoyment the group members clearly had making this album. Musicianship is very strong and the production is excellent. Having listened to the album a few times now, it is still sounding very good; a sign of an album of hidden depths, in spite of the seemingly pop orientation. I would seriously recommend this album if, like me, you enjoy the music of Frost*, Moon Safari, Karmakanic, Dec Burke, Touchstone, Mystery, IQ or Neal Morse (to mention but a few!). It is no longer available from most of the suppliers I regularly use but you should be able to find it via Amazon. It's a worthwhile album and I would recommend it.

Richens | 4/5 |