Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM) - Gli Anni Settanta  CD (album) cover

GLI ANNI SETTANTA

Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM)

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Atkingani
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars In the mid 70s I was the happy owner of the first 2 PFM's albums: "Storia di Un Minuto" and "Per Un Amico"; also other band albums were guests (maybe hostages) in my home. Good vinil times! I was really a PFM fan and also liked the Italian prog-scene.

Marriage, kids, cd players and other matters made me lose the vinils I had and return (or liberate) the borrowed ones. For more than 20 years a sensation of loss accompanied me.

Even having the possibility to purchase again the albums that were an integrant part of my youth I have no more a turntable since these works I found at a secondhand store. But then the miracle worked: a CD compilation containing all that stuff of the 70s, with the appropriate name of "Gli Anni Settanta" (The Seventies).

What a pleasure to listen to again to some memorable pages of the entire progressive; not only of the 'Italian prog' - a subgenre I do not understand. Ok, I miss at least one piece: the marvelous 'Dove...Quando...' (parts 1&2), but the material available is great.

Best tracks: 'Impressioni di settembre', a pastoral jewel that is now a classic of the Italian music; 'La carrozza di Hans', a splendid song, full of different and impressive tunes and times; 'Il banchetto', a kind of mini-epic owing nothing to the best epics of other great prog-bands; 'Dolcissima Maria', a beautiful and touching soft song; 'L'isola di niente', grandiose, spectacular; 'Per un amico', a pleasant jazzy track; 'Grazie davvero' and 'La luna nuova', well over the average.

A special word for ' festa', the song they use to end their gigs and make everyone to rock and roll, exactly as I felt last July when they visited us and I had the unique opportunity to hear them live: Cioccio, Mussida, Djivas & Co. supplied us with an unforgettable show.

Doubtless, an excellent addition to any music collection. Total: 4.

Atkingani | 4/5 |