Header

GLI ANNI SETTANTA

Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM)

Rock Progressivo Italiano


From Progarchives.com, the ultimate progressive rock music website

Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM) Gli Anni Settanta  album cover
3.78 | 7 ratings | 4 reviews | 17% 5 stars

Write a review
Buy PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) Music
from Progarchives.com partners
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2002

Songs / Tracks Listing

Disc 1
1. Impressioni Di Settembre (4:23)
2. Appena un Po' (7:41)
3. Per un Amico (5:22)
4. Generale (4:14)
5. Grazie Davvero (5:53)
6. Carrozza Di Hans (5:43)
7. E' Festa (4:51)
8. Trame Blu (4:53)

Disc 2
9. Il Banchetto (8:37)
10. Dolcissima Maria (4:03)
11. Luna Nuova (6:22)
12. Via Lumiere (7:23)
13. Isola Di Niente (10:46)
14. Chocolate Kings (4:41)
15. Cerco la Lingua (5:34)
16. I Cavalieri del Tavolo Cubico (5:21)

Total Time: 99:47

Lyrics

Search PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) Gli Anni Settanta lyrics

Music tabs (tablatures)

Search PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) Gli Anni Settanta tabs

Line-up / Musicians

- Franz Di Cioccio / drums & vocals
- Franco Mussida / acoustic guitar, electric guitar & vocals
- Mauro Pagani / flute, violin & vocals
- Giorgio Piazza / bass & vocals
- Flavio Premoli / Hammond organ, piano, Mellotron, Mini Moog & vocals
- Jan Patrick Djivas / bass
- Lucio Fabbri / violin, viola & cello
- Walter Calloni / drums

Releases information

CD - BMG, 74321 602652-2 (Italy)

Thanks to ProgLucky for the addition
and to tony r for the last updates
Edit this entry

PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) MP3, Free Download (music stream)


Open extended player in a new pop-up window | Random Playlist (50) | How to submit new MP3s

Buy PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) Gli Anni Settanta Music


In Classic ~ Da Mozart A Celebration (2CD)In Classic ~ Da Mozart A Celebration (2CD)
Loen Entertainment
Audio CD$37.00
Right Now on Ebay (logo)
PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) - STATI DI IMMAGINAZIONE DVD + CD US $33.15 [0 bids]
15h 17m
Come Ti Va in Riva Alla Citta by Premiata Forneria Marconi, PFM (CD,... US $5.79 Buy It Now 1 day
L'Isola di Niente by Premiata Forneria Marconi, PFM (CD, Jul-1998, BMG... US $5.77 Buy It Now 1 day
PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI PFM NM- Numero Uno Prog LP Italy US $49.95 Buy It Now 3 days
1975 - PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI / PFM - Cook - Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $14.91 Buy It Now 3 days
LP Premiata Forneria Marconi PFM "Celebration" NUMERO 1 ZNLN 33036 Made in Italy US $16.56 Buy It Now 3 days
Premiata Forneria Marconi ? (PFM)- Celebration 1972-2012 - 3CD BOXSET *NEW* US $24.85 Buy It Now 4 days
Premiata Forneria Marconi, PFM - Photos Of Ghosts JAPAN LP w/OBI and LYRIC SHEET US $49.99 Buy It Now 5 days
PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) Miss Baker CD with OBI US $15.99 Buy It Now 6 days
PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI / PFM - PHOTOS OF GHOSTS - NEW US $31.49 Buy It Now 7 days
PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI / PFM - THE WORLD BECAME THE WORLD - NEW US $31.49 Buy It Now 7 days
Premiata Forneria Marconi - Pfm CD US $31.83 Buy It Now 8 days
Premiata Forneria Marconi - Pfm Da Mozart A Celebration In Classic JPN CD US $67.31 Buy It Now 8 days
PFM: Celebration 1972-2012 by Premiata Forneria Marconi/PFM (CD, Oct-2012, 3... US $22.30 Buy It Now 8 days
Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM) Photos of Ghosts CD Remaster, Japan Press w/ Obi US $8.99 [0 bids]
8 days
P.F.M. Premiata Forneria Marconi PFM Cook CD mini LP HQCD 3 CD K2HD Master NEW US $52.99 Buy It Now 10 days
PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI - PFM DA MOZART A CELEBRATION IN CLASSIC NEW CD US $81.41 Buy It Now 14 days
PFM: Celebration 1972-2012 by Premiata Forneria Marconi/PFM (CD, Oct-2012, 3... US $25.81 Buy It Now 15 days
Jet Lag by Premiata Forneria Marconi/PFM (CD, Mar-2010, Manticore) US $18.29 Buy It Now 15 days
PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI PFM - RIVER OF LIFE MANTICORE ANTHOLOGY 73-77 SLD 2-CD US $27.95 Buy It Now 15 days
PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) - Come Ti Va In Ziva Alla Citta - (Italian CD) US $9.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Premiata Forneria Marconi(PFM) "Photos of Ghosts" Psych EX Manticore MC 66668 US $15.99 Buy It Now 17 days
PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI PFM In Classic ~ Da Mozart A Celebration (+1) 2 CD New US $19.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Premiata Forneria Marconi PFM? PFM! JAPAN MINI LP CD NEW OUT OF PRINT BVCM-37701 US $24.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Premiata Forneria Marconi PFM - Photos of Ghosts LP Orig US Gatefold PROG US $16.00 Buy It Now 19 days
Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM) / Cook / ELP / Manticore / UK 1st LP / EX+ US $24.85 Buy It Now 20 days
Premiata Forneria Marconi - Pfm Da Mozart A Celebration In Classic [CD New] US $67.30 Buy It Now 21 days
PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI / PFM - PHOTOS OF GHOSTS - US MANTICORE - 1ST ED - EX- US $12.99 Buy It Now 21 days
L'Isola di Niente by Premiata Forneria Marconi, PFM (CD, Jul-1998, BMG... US $10.66 Buy It Now 22 days
Come Ti Va in Riva Alla Citta by Premiata Forneria Marconi, PFM (CD,... US $10.44 Buy It Now 22 days
PFM PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI PFM? PFM! CD JEWEL CASE OBI US $10.79 Buy It Now 22 days
Premiata Forneria Marconi PFM P.F.M. Cook vinyl LP EX 1974 LIVE Manticore US $23.95 Buy It Now 22 days
Premiata Forneria Marconi PFM / In Classic ~ Da Mozart A Celebration (+1) [2 CD] US $23.99 Buy It Now 23 days
CD* Storia Di Un Minuto - PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) *** IMPORT *** US $19.99 Buy It Now 24 days
P.F.M. "NM WAX" Jet Lag 1977 Japan Premiata Forneria Marconi PFM LP d8950 US $59.99 Buy It Now 24 days
Premiata Forneria Marconi - Pfm [CD New] US $25.23 Buy It Now 26 days
L'Isola di Niente by Premiata Forneria Marconi/PFM (CD, Jun-2014) US $34.07 Buy It Now 26 days
Jet Lag by Premiata Forneria Marconi/PFM (CD, Mar-2010, Manticore) US $15.02 Buy It Now 26 days
Storia di un Minuto by Premiata Forneria Marconi/PFM (CD, Jun-2014) US $34.03 Buy It Now 26 days
P.F.M. "NM WAX" Photos of Ghosts 1973 JP Premiata Forneria Marconi PFM LP E1982 US $49.99 Buy It Now 28 days
Premiata Forneria Marconi PFM Cook P.F.M. MA6-502S1 Vinyl LP Record US $9.99 Buy It Now 28 days
Premiata Forneria Marconi PFM JET LAG German Import Prog LP NM US $14.95 Buy It Now 28 days
PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI PFM Photos Of Ghosts MANTICORE LP Germany 1A/1B US $14.95 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) music online Buy PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) Gli Anni Settanta ratings distribution


3.78
(7 ratings)
Essential: a masterpiece of progressive rock music(17%)
17%
Excellent addition to any prog rock music collection(67%)
67%
Good, but non-essential (17%)
17%
Collectors/fans only (0%)
0%
Poor. Only for completionists (0%)
0%

PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) Gli Anni Settanta reviews


Showing all collaborators reviews and last reviews preview | Show all reviews/ratings

Collaborators/Experts Reviews

Review by Fitzcarraldo
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator
4 stars I had always wanted to hear the songs from "Photos of Ghosts" in their original form, plus some of PFM's other work, and the 2-CD set "Gli Anni Settanta" (The 70's) seemed to be a good way to do that. And so it proved.

There are 4/7 tracks from "Storia Di Un Minuto" and 4/5 tracks from "Per Un Amico", PFM's first two (excellent) albums. There are 4/5 tracks from "L'Isola Di Niente", another excellent album. Also included is the track 'Chocolate Kings' from the album of the same name, 1 track from the album "Jet Lag" and 2/8 tracks from the album "Passpartu".

All my favourite pieces from "Photos of Ghosts" are here, but sung in the original Italian, plus other songs of equal stature. If you like progressive rock and jazz rock then you will not be disappointed. Violin, flute, keyboards of various types, guitar and percussion are used to form a rich, complex sound. Some tracks have an almost jazzy feel, others are laid back, others heavy; sometimes there is even an Irish sound to the music.

Apart from the more 'progressive' tracks I love the mellow tracks 'Grazie Davvero' and 'Dolcissima Maria' (from "Storia Di Un Minuto" and "L'Isola Di Niente", respectively).

If you are looking for melodic Progressive Rock with class then early PFM is a great choice, and this is a very good collection of their work from the 70's. Highly recommended to those who don't have the original albums but who want a good selection of PFM music. (If this were a 2-CD original rather than a compilation then it would have to be rated as a 5-star release.)

MEMBERS LOGIN ZONE

As a registered member (register here if not), you can post rating/reviews (& edit later), comments reviews and submit new albums.

You are not logged, please complete authentication before continuing (use forum credentials).

Send comments to Fitzcarraldo (BETA) | Report this review (#17029) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 06, 2004

Review by Prognut
PROG REVIEWER
4 stars Fantastic compilation!!!

If you are new fan of Progressive Music, and really want to start getting into Italian Progressive Rock; I guess this is one to start, will give you a pretty darn good idea what PFM meant in the seventies and now!!!

Has most of their best moments from early albums, and some mix-bag of later stuff. I got it because, I simply adore everything PFM did...and this is one that I can carry in my car all the time, without messing my originals!

Not essential for the Prog head, unless is a completist of the Italian scene like me...but a good point to start for the newcomer...

Highly recommended!!!!

MEMBERS LOGIN ZONE

As a registered member (register here if not), you can post rating/reviews (& edit later), comments reviews and submit new albums.

You are not logged, please complete authentication before continuing (use forum credentials).

Send comments to Prognut (BETA) | Report this review (#17030) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 22, 2004

Review by Atkingani
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars In the mid 70s I was the happy owner of the first 2 PFM's albums: "Storia di Un Minuto" and "Per Un Amico"; also other band albums were guests (maybe hostages) in my home. Good vinil times! I was really a PFM fan and also liked the Italian prog-scene.

Marriage, kids, cd players and other matters made me lose the vinils I had and return (or liberate) the borrowed ones. For more than 20 years a sensation of loss accompanied me.

Even having the possibility to purchase again the albums that were an integrant part of my youth I have no more a turntable since these works I found at a secondhand store. But then the miracle worked: a CD compilation containing all that stuff of the 70s, with the appropriate name of "Gli Anni Settanta" (The Seventies).

What a pleasure to listen to again to some memorable pages of the entire progressive; not only of the 'Italian prog' - a subgenre I do not understand. Ok, I miss at least one piece: the marvelous 'Dove...Quando...' (parts 1&2), but the material available is great.

Best tracks: 'Impressioni di settembre', a pastoral jewel that is now a classic of the Italian music; 'La carrozza di Hans', a splendid song, full of different and impressive tunes and times; 'Il banchetto', a kind of mini-epic owing nothing to the best epics of other great prog-bands; 'Dolcissima Maria', a beautiful and touching soft song; 'L'isola di niente', grandiose, spectacular; 'Per un amico', a pleasant jazzy track; 'Grazie davvero' and 'La luna nuova', well over the average.

A special word for '» festa', the song they use to end their gigs and make everyone to rock and roll, exactly as I felt last July when they visited us and I had the unique opportunity to hear them live: Cioccio, Mussida, Djivas & Co. supplied us with an unforgettable show.

Doubtless, an excellent addition to any music collection. Total: 4.

MEMBERS LOGIN ZONE

As a registered member (register here if not), you can post rating/reviews (& edit later), comments reviews and submit new albums.

You are not logged, please complete authentication before continuing (use forum credentials).

Send comments to Atkingani (BETA) | Report this review (#62707) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 01, 2006

Review by richardh
PROG REVIEWER
3 stars I've had this compilation for a few years now.Contains plenty of Mellotron that will appeal to fans of Trespass and In The Court Of The Cimson King.Not really interesting though if you like your prog a little more harder edged and exciting.Perhaps though I'm missing the point as this does have a lot of atmosphere and a certain folky quality to it.However although the musicianship is top notch not a great deal of it grabs me personally.I think PFM are certainly an acquired taste that I have yet to acquire and the fact that all the songs here are sung in Italian is a problem to me as a non Italian speaking person. In summary this is an excellent addition to your prog collection if you want some PFM but want to avoid shelling out too many reddies.However on the grounds of my personal reservations I cant recommend it whole heartedly.Perhaps best to sit on the fence with a 3 star rating therefore as the musicianship certainly elevates this above 2 star mediocrity.

MEMBERS LOGIN ZONE

As a registered member (register here if not), you can post rating/reviews (& edit later), comments reviews and submit new albums.

You are not logged, please complete authentication before continuing (use forum credentials).

Send comments to richardh (BETA) | Report this review (#94088) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Latest members reviews

No review or rating for the moment | Submit a review

Post a review of PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) "Gli Anni Settanta "

You must be a forum member to post a review, please register here if you are not.

MEMBERS LOGIN ZONE

As a registered member (register here if not), you can post rating/reviews (& edit later), comments reviews and submit new albums.

You are not logged, please complete authentication before continuing (use forum credentials).

Copyright Prog Archives, All rights reserved. | Legal Notice | Privacy Policy | Advertise | GeoIP Services by MaxMind | RSS + syndications

Other sites in the MAC network: JazzMusicArchives.com — the ultimate jazz music virtual community | MetalMusicArchives.com — the ultimate metal music virtual community


Server processing time: 0.27 seconds