Supertramp - Breakfast in America CD (album) cover

BREAKFAST IN AMERICA

Supertramp

Yanns
3 stars Ah, this album remains to this day one of my favorite listens. The style of the music prevents it, for me, from being a masterpiece of the genre, but what a fantastic album it is anyway. I would consider giving this album 4 or 5 stars if this wasn't a "prog" website. However, it is far more "pop prog" then actual "prog", so it gets 3 from me, although I must stress how much I love the album.

This can easily become one of anyone's favorite albums, simply by listening to it a couple times. The album is so purely enjoyable that most anyone can love it.

The highlights are, for me, tracks 1 through 6 or so. The others are great, but these always stand out for me. Gone Hollywood sets the album in motion in typical Supertramp style.

A standout for the album, for me, is the vocals. The different vocalists and styles of singing provide a great contrast. The main example of this is the song Goodbye Stranger, which, incidentally, is my favorite song on the album.

This is among the most, as I said before, enjoyable albums on the planet. Hence, only 12% of the people here rated this as a 3 or lower (I did too, as you see, but only because of what I said above in the first paragraph). So pop it in and enjoy fellas. You'll enjoy it hands down, even though it isn't fully "prog". 3/5 stars.

Yanns | 3/5 |