Hawkwind - Distant Horizons CD (album) cover

Psychedelic/Space Rock

2 stars Hawkwind's long slump (at least as far as their studio albums were concerned) continued with Distant Horizons, yet another attempt by Dave Brock to incorporate dance music and techno influences into the band's music. Whilst the idea isn't idiotic - after all, combining space rock with modern electronic music has done the Ozric Tentacles very well indeed - these studio tracks show none of the life and vitality or the euphoric qualities shared both by dance music and Hawkwind's brand of space rock. I hear good things about the Love In Space live album's interpretations of material from this album and the preceding one, so perhaps I should check that out; certainly, I'm not feeling it here.
Warthur | 2/5 |