Pink Floyd - A Saucerful Of Secrets CD (album) cover

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

4 stars Not essential, but pretty darn good.

Not much wrong with this album. Seeing as I much prefer Floyd's psychedelic period to their later sound, I love this album. However, I think the album aspect of the album is holding it back. Listen to any live version of Set the Controls or Saucerful of Secrets from 1969-1970, and you will see what I mean. They rocked live, but are rather mellow on the album.

Besides those two, the rest of the album is good, with See-Saw the only song I don't really like. Most of the songs have a great groovy, mellow quality to them, giving the album a really trippy sound.

Overall, it's not as essential as Atom Heart Mother, but it certainly is a great addition to anyone's collection, especially for space/psychedelic fans.

Apollo2112 | 4/5 |