Rare Bird - Epic Forest  CD (album) cover

EPIC FOREST

Rare Bird

pirkka
2 stars After Rare Bird's 'As Your Mind Flies By', this album is a disapointment. AYMFB was a masterpiece of prog but 'Epic Forest' is not an epic at all; I don't even consider it being progressive. It's more like Crosby Stills & Nash. Nice melodies sung OK but that's it. The only track that reminds of the bands prog history is "Title no.1 again (Birdman)".

That said I must add that I like this music as it flows by my ears but it didn't make me stop and start listening to it. This is because it doesn't develop anywhere. This is certainly non- essential and if you are lookin for great prog this is not for you. I would give the music three stars but not here in progarchives. Here it must be "Collectors/fans only" and it has two stars attached to it.

pirkka | 2/5 |